ART TubeOpto 8 Channel Tube Mic-Preamp with ADAT I/O
8-channel I/O expander for ADAT lightpipe equipped audio interfaces, direct-to-disc recorder, or DAW.
Ever wish you could add more of that “tube sound” to your recordings, without breaking the budget or filling up your rack with a clutter of gear? Now you can, with ART’s Tubeopto 8! This flexible 8-channel tube preamp features ADAT input and output connectors, so you can easily expand the I/O capabilities of your existing interface rig – it’s the perfect way to prepare for full-band recording, with a real-deal tube pre! Each channel has a Class A vacuum tube mic preamp, 70dB of gain, and balanced 1/4″ phone or XLR inputs for flexibility. We’ll say it again: you just can’t beat the TubeOpto 8’s value!
Beyond offering a full complement of eight tube preamp channels, the TubeOpto 8 is ready to integrate with all of your existing studio gear. You can pipe in the eight channels to your favorite ADAT-equipped audio interface via lightpipe. You can also use the word clock connectors onboard to get all your digital gear in sync with each other. Beyond all that, the TubeOpto 8 has you in mind. Ever wish you could plug in an acoustic and lay down a quick song sketch? Now you don’t have to hunt down an open channel or crawl around to the back of your rack. Just plug righ tinto one of the two convenient frot-panel hi-Z instrument inputs and you’ve got the benefit of a tube warming up your sound.
The ART TubeOpto 8 was made to get the most possible value out of your budget. With an astoundingly affordable per-preamp channel… and keep in mind, these are tube preamps… you won’t believe the sonic (and channel count!) upgrade you get when you add the ART TubeOpto 8 to your studio lineup.
The ART TubeOpto8 is a cost-effective 8-channel input/output expander for any ADAT lightpipe-equipped audio interface, hard disk recorder, or DAW. Eight high-quality, second-generation, discrete, Class A microphone preamps are packaged in a single rack space with 8-channel, 24-bit digital I/O.
Every input on the ART TubeOpto8 audio interface offers full control of the signal path with pad, phase, and low-frequency roll-off switches. Input gain and variable output level control of each channel allows up to 70dB of clean gain (up to 64dB input gain) with incredible sonic transparency, or for the tube stage to be dialed in for warming effects and soft clipping. Each channel on the ART audio interface has wide-range LED meters to monitor the preamp output levels while clip indicators monitor mic preamp peak levels.
ADAT lightpipe I/O handles eight channels of 24-bit audio input and output at either 44.1 or 48kHz sample rates. Wordclock in and thru-puts allow multiple ART TubeOpto8’s to be synced in complex system configurations.
ART Tubeopto 8 8-channel Tube Microphone Preamp with ADAT Features:
- 8-channel Tube Microphone Preaamp with ADAT and 1/4″ output
- Eight fully featured Class-A tube mic preamps
- Eight channels of ADAT digital 24-bit audio I/O at 44.1 or 48kHz
- Input gain and output level controls on every channel
- Input pad, phase flip and low frequency roll off switches on every channel
- Two additional front-mounted hi-Z instrument line inputs
- Eight 1/4″ TRS Balanced Outputs
TubeOpto8 Mic Preamp with ADAT I/O
- Input Impedance:
- Mic: 6.4K?
- Line: 20K?
- Instrument: 2.5MOmega;
- Output Impedance:
- Balanced outputs: 200? balanced
- Frequency Response:
- Analog in to Digital out: 12Hz – 20KHz +0, -1dB @ 44.1KHz sample rate
- 1KHz: <.015% @ -30dB ref clipping
- 20-20KHz: < .033%
- HPF: 80Hz, 1-pole
- Equivalent Input Noise
- Mic/Line: -130dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, “A” wtd.
- Instrument: -105dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, “A” wtd.
- Maximum Input Level
- Mic/line: +18dBu balanced w/Pad
- Instrument: +15dBu
- Meter clip light: -2dB ref. A/D clip (0dB FS)
- Maximum Gain
- Mic: 64dB
- Instrument: 36dB
- Maximum Output level
- Balanced: +20dBu
- Unbalanced: +14dBu
- Output level switch: Lowers Max. Output by 10dB @ -10dBV setting
- Wordclock Range: 40KHz – 52KHz
- Sample Rate Settings: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, ADAT, Wordclock
- A/D Dynamic Range: 105dB (“A” wtd.)
- D/A Dynamic Range: 105dB (“A” wtd.)
- A/D Latency: 0.667ms(48KHz), 0.725ms(44.1KHz), 32 samples
- D/A Latency: 0.458ms(48KHz), 0.500ms(44.1KHz), 22 samples
- Dimensions: 1.75″H x 19.0″W x 14.4″D (44.5mm x 482.6mm x 365.8mm)
- Weight: 13.2lb. (6kg)
- Power Requirements:: USA — 105-125VAC, AC 60Hz, 29 Watts Typical, Export units configured for country of destination.
- Minimum System Requirements: ADAT interface port
₨ 0 .00
- USD: 0.00$