Shure SM58 – 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Microphone
SM58 w/ Limited-edition Finish and Embossed Packaging
The most popular handheld vocal microphone in the world turns 50, celebrating with the Shure SM58 50th Anniversary Edition. Featuring a distinctive silver finish and eye-catching “50th Anniversary Edition” collar, this limited-edition mic will make a great addition to your locker. The SM58 50th Anniversary Edition is packed in a commemorative embossed box inspired by the original package, and includes an exclusive sticker and certificate of authenticity. This microphone exhibits the SM58’s iconic sound, with a trademark presence peak that imbues your vocals with sublime clarity. Limited to 5,800 pieces produced, the Shure SM58 50th Anniversary Edition handheld vocal microphone celebrates the storied past of an industry standard.
Shure SM58 50th Anniversary Edition Handheld Vocal Microphone at a Glance:
- Limited-edition textured silver finish
- Cool accessories add to this microphone’s collectibility
- Quality sound for any source
- The Shure SM58 — a brief history
Limited-edition textured silver finish
The textured silver finish is the first thing we noticed when we unboxed the Shure SM58 50th Anniversary Edition . It feels incredible in your hand, and the color sets off the eye-catching “50th Anniversary Edition” collar beautifully. One thing’s for sure: this microphone will look amazing in your studio’s mic locker. And with only 5,800 of these mics being made, you’ll have bragging rights, too!
Cool accessories add to this microphone’s collectibility
The SM58 50th Anniversary Edition is packed in a commemorative embossed box. Inspired by the original package from 1966, this retro-styled box looks almost as cool as the microphone itself. A vintage-looking instructional manual, photograph of an original SM58, sticker, and embossed certificate of authenticity are also included.
Quality sound for any source
One of the most outstanding things about the Shure SM58 is that you can stick one in front of any kind of vocalist (and most instruments, for that matter) and get excellent results. It’s a fact — even though it’s best known today for its near indestructibility, no one would have cared about the SM58 in the first place if it didn’t sound amazing. The secret to the SM58’s sound is a critically tuned frequency response, which cuts out low-end rumble and adds a noticeable rise in the upper-mid frequencies. This deliberate presence peak adds clarity to your vocals, but it also lets you get the most out of a wide range of sources, including guitar cabinets, brass, and many other instruments.
The Shure SM58 — a brief history
First introduced in 1966, the Shure SM58 has been used by everybody from Mick Jagger to Roger Daltrey to Pope John Paul II. The SM58’s smooth midrange and trademark presence peak have made it an industry standard stage mic for vocalists. Built to military specs for durability, the SM58 is also renowned for its ability to withstand extreme abuse and environments.
Shure SM58 50th Anniversary Edition Handheld Vocal Microphone Features:
- Limited edition version of the most popular handheld vocal microphone in the world — only 5,800 made
- Attractive silver finish with “50th Anniversary Edition” collar
- Includes commemorative embossed box, sticker, and certificate of authenticity
- Presence peak adds clarity to vocals and removes low-frequency rumble from all instruments
- Cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source, minimizes background noise, and provides high gain before feedback live
- Internal pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter reduces breath noise and plosives
- Includes rugged zipper pouch, hook-and-loop cable tie, and break-resistant mic clip
Celebrate 50 years of the SM58 with the Shure SM58 50th Anniversary Edition handheld vocal microphone!
|150 ohms (300 ohms actual)
|-54 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
|Manufacturer Part Number