Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite – DUO Core – FireWire – DSP
Serious analog sound over FireWire — for MacBooks, iMacs, and Windows 7 PCs.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core is Universal Audio’s workhorse FireWire DSP Accelerator, giving project studios access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on FireWire-enabled computers including Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs*. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment.
Powered by dual SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core unit easily connects to Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs* via FireWire 800, letting you run full mixes with UAD plug-ins, without taxing your host computer. Additionally, you can connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple’s Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
With support for VST, Audio Units, RTAS, and full 64-bit operation, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 port, power up, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.
*Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter
Pick up a Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core system and get the performance and flexibility of UA’s wildly successful UAD-2 DSP-powered plug-ins plus the convenience of FireWire. With a UAD-2 Satellite DUO, you’ll have the ability to run high-track count sessions loaded with some of the best sounding plug-ins that money can buy – sessions that require processing power far beyond the capacity of your computer’s CPU alone. And with the included Analog Classics collection of UAD-powered plug-ins to get you started, the Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core system gives you a ton of bang for the buck.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core DSP Plug-in Acceleration System at a Glance:
- Experience the power of SHARC chip technology
- Flexible operation modes for tracking and mixing
- Analog Classics starts you off with five killer UAD plug-ins
Experience the power of SHARC chip technologyUniversal Audio’s UAD-2 cards take advantage of state-of-the-art DSP technology, adding serious horsepower to your music-production system. Both of the SHARC chips onboard boast 32-bit floating-point architecture, for the ultimate in precision and performance. When put to the test, the power potential of even a single UAD-2 card is more than impressive. Better still, you can mix and match up to four UAD-2 cards, allowing you to meet the processing needs of even the most demanding sessions.
Flexible operation modes for tracking and mixingUsing UAD-2 Satellite DUO’s LiveTrack mode, you can reduce latency on active UAD-2 plug-ins to the lowest amount possible. That’s just what you need for monitoring processed audio during the live tracking stages. On the mixing side, Universal Audio gave the UAD-2 Satellite DUO a handy LoadLock feature. This useful tool lets you automatically reserve the maximum DSP load that each of your active UAD-2 plug-ins could ever demand, so you’ll be certain you have enough DSP to engage features, such as writing automation, later.
Analog Classics starts you off with five killer UAD plug-insUniversal Audio’s Analog Classics collection starts off with a couple of classic UA dynamics processors: the iconic LA-2A audio leveler and 1176LN/SE limiting amplifiers. It’s almost unfair how realistic these plug-ins sound, let alone the fact that your UAD-2 card has more than enough power to run several instances of both at once. Then there’s a dead-on re-creation of Pultec’s legendary EQP-1A program EQ and the Pultec Pro plug-in, plus the outstanding RealVerb Pro room modeler. And if that’s not enough, you can always pick up more plug-ins a la carte at the UAD store.
- Workhorse dual-processor external FireWire 800 DSP Accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs*
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Ideal for project studios running medium-sized sessions w/ higher plug-in instances
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Also available as UAD-2 Satellite DUO Custom package
UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core FireWire DSP Accelerator Package Specifications:
- Minimum System Requirements
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1*
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port* for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software